Configure Wireless Network with TP-Link Omada Controller
In this tutorial, you will be shown how to configure a Wireless Network with the TP-Link Omada Controller.
Let’s get started.
Before we start this tutorial is under the impression you already have additional networks created. If you need help with creating new VLAN Networks Click Here. You may want to create a VLAN if it is for a new wireless network.
- Log into your cloud controller either using the omada.toplinkcloud.com URL or The IP address assigned to the TP-Link Omada Controller.
- Once logged in go ahead and expand the menu by sliding your mouse to the left bar.
- Click on Settings down at the bottom.
- Afterwards, click on Wireless Networks and then click Create New Wireless Network.
- The Create new Wireless Network page should have loaded.
- Fill out the name you want for your wireless connection.
- If this will be a Guest Network checkmark Enable for Guest Network. If not leave it alone.
- Select WPA-Personal
- Type in a strong Security key.
- If you like to keep it on the same default VLAN you can click the blue [ Apply ] button. However, for myself, I will be assigning a VLAN to this SSID.
- Expand Advanced Settings.
- Locate VLAN and checkmark the Enable Box.
- Add the VLAN ID associated with the VLAN Network You Created.
- Click the blue [ Apply ] button when finished.
Congrats you have successfully created a new wireless name and assigned it to a vlan.