If you are having problems your Unifi wireless access points it could be do to a bug in the firmware. In this tutorial you will be shown how to downgrade or update the Unifi UAP firmware.
How to Downgrade or update firmware.
- Log into your Unifi Controller.
- Make sure that Auto Update is disabled
- Settings > Site > Services , uncheck Automatically Upgrade Device Firmware.
- Also check scheduled upgrades. Settings > Services > Scheduled Upgrades and remove them.
- On the left hand side menu Click on Unifi Device Icon
- Click on the the wireless access point you would like to start with so the side menu expands to display a GUI like below.
- Click on the gear\config icon
- Scroll down to the bottom and expand MANAGE DEVICE
- In the Custom upgrade section use the copy/paste the firmware version you would like to use, for example: https://dl.ui.com/unifi/firmware/U7PG2/184.108.40.20698/BZ.qca956x.v220.127.116.1198.200704.1347.bin
Note: if you are looking for other versions go to Ubiquiti – Downloads , locate the new or old firmware you would like to use. Right click the download button and from that popup menu select copy url. This is the url to use to update the firmware.
- One the URL is in place click Custom Upgrade
- Wait a few and you should be good to go!