In this Tutorial I will be showing you how to adopt New Unifi Devices to your Unifi Cloud Controller.
We will first start off by:
- Download and install Google Chrome.
- Download, install and run within Google Chrome the Ubiquiti Device Discovery Tool
- Next Click: [Scan] and wait for your devices to show up.
- Note: Make sure network discovery is enabled on your computer.
- Afterwards click on [Unifi Family] on the top right corner.
- You should now see the [Action] Button next to all the devices.
- Click [Action].
- In this popup window change the “Inform URL” to your Unifi Controller’s set-inform URL
- Make sure to use a DNS name instead of an IP address.
- Make sure to use http:// instead of https:// and use :8080/inform, at the end of the domain, example: http://unifi.patrickdomingues.com:8080/inform.
- Log into your Unifi Cloud Controller and create your new site if needed. You should notice your new devices will now show up for adoption on ALL sites in your UniFi Cloud Controller, use the sites drop down in the upper right corner to switch to the site you want the device to be adopted in, then click “Adopt”
- The device status should change from “Pending” to “Adopting”, and then “Provisioning” fairly quickly.
- The device will receive its new configuration from the UniFi Cloud Controller and reboot, afterwards the status should change to “Connected”
- Once that is done you can upgrade the device firmware, and begin configuring your network under Settings and remember to set a monthly schedule for auto firmware updates.
If you had any problems with this tutorial and you cannot set the inform using this method, you may have better luck with Unifi Cloud Controller Adoption Using SSH