The CompTIA Server+ certification is vendor neutral and you will learn a bit of everything, Dell, HP, Linux, Windows. After passing this exam I have gained more confidence in my skill-sets towards the following:
Skills Measured by
Key skill areas covered in CompTIA's Server+ exam include the following. Server+ certified technicians:
- can deploy and upgrade system hardware and storage devices.
- can install, configure, and update Network Operating Systems.
- are skilled in disaster recovery procedures, backups, and restorations.
- understand server virtualization concepts, features, and considerations.
- can write, utilize and maintain server documentation, diagrams and procedures.
- comprehend different server types, such as File Server, Web Server & DNS Server.
- can troubleshoot server problems using the appropriate tools and methods.
- can determine and setup the appropriate area to house physical servers.