In this tutorial, you will learn how to repair a Windows Server 2022 installation using DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management). DISM is a powerful command-line tool for scanning and fixing issues in Windows images, including server operating systems. If your Windows Server 2022 is experiencing problems, the DISM /restorehealth command can be an effective solution. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Ensure you have a backup of your data. For virtual machines, consider creating a snapshot.
- Mount your Windows Server 2022 ISO as a drive and note the drive letter.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator: Start by launching Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Scan for Health Issues: Enter the command:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
This will scan your system for any issues.
3.Check the Health Status: After the scan completes, run:
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
This checks the health of your Windows image.
4. Restore System Health: With your ISO mounted, use the following command (replace
d: with your ISO drive letter if different):
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:WIM:d:\sources\install.wim:2 /limitaccess
This restores the system health using the Windows Server 2022 image.
5. Repair Additional Corruption: Next, run:
This scans for and repairs any additional file corruption.
6. Restart and Update: After completing these steps, restart your server. It’s advisable to run Windows Update post-restart to ensure all components are up to date.
This tutorial should help you repair your Windows Server 2022 installation. If you encounter any issues or have questions, feel free to reach out. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for more useful posts like this.