In this tutorial you will learn how to configure your ATT Fiber BGW320 to allow UniFi UDM PRO VPN connections through the ATT Fiber WAN IP Address.
- Log into your ATT Fiber BGW320.
- ATT Fiber BGW32 Configuration.
- Verify UDM PRO Wan Address.
Task 1: Log Into your ATT Fiber GB320
1. Enter the IP address of your ATT Fiber BGW320
2. Click on Home Network > Configure. Afterwards your will be prompted for your Device Access Code.
Task 2: ATT Fiber BGW32 Configuration
1. Once logged in we will change the ATT Fiber modems default subnet to something random so there won’t be any issues with the subnets you create on your Unifi UDM Pro
2. Click Home Network > Subnets & DHCP
3. From here I will change the Subnet to 18.104.22.168 and give it a small DHCP scope. The only device that needs to be within this DHCP scope is your UDM Pro.
4. We will now disable WiFi. Only your UniFi UDM Pro should be connected to ATT Fiber BGW320.
5. Click Home Network > Wi-Fi. Afterwards click Advanced Options.
6. Now turn off your 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wi-Fi radio from the list and click the save button at the bottom of the page.
7. Now let’s make sure there is no packet filtering we do not want anything to be blocked. Our UniFi UDM Pro will take care of that.
8. Click Firewall > Packet Filter. Now make sure to click on the Disable Packet Filters button.
9. Now in this step, what I am sharing is more informative depending on your environment you may need to have to turn settings on or off depending on your network and what you may want to capture.
10. Click Firewall > Firewall Advanced. Here you can turn ICMP on and off and you have options for ALG which you may need to turn on or off. Just keep this in the back of your mind if you need to trouble shoot anything.
11. Now we will configure the WAN IP Passthrough. At this point make sure to have your UniFi UDM Pro Wan Port connected to the ATT Fiber BGW320.
12. Click Firewall > IP Passthrough.
- Allocation Mode – Change to Passthrough
- Passthrough Mode – DHCPS-fixed
- Passthrough Fixed MAC Address – Select your UDM PRO
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Task 3: Verify UDM PRO Wan Address
1. Open a browser tab and go to the Ubiquiti Account Portal using URL https://unifi.ui.com/
2. Sign in with your username and password on Ubiquiti Account Portal.
3. Select your UniFi Controller.
4. Click Settings
5. Click Internet. You should now see that your UDM Pro is now capturing the public IP address instead of the internal subnet address of your ATT Fiber BGW320.
If you need assistance setting up VPN connection, feel free to review these tutorials.
How To Configure Unifi UDM Pro Controller 7.0.22 VPN Access (patrickdomingues.com)
How To Configure Site to Site VPN On Unifi Controller 7.0.22 – Patrick Domingues