In this tutorial you will learn how to configure a VLAN with DHCP on UniFi Controller 7.0 and then add UniFi Protect Cameras to the VLAN.
- Log into Your UniFi Controller.
- Create a virtual network (VLAN).
- Identify Camera Ports and apply VLAN.
Task 1: Log Into your UniFi Controller
- Open a browser tab and go to the Ubiquiti Account Portal using URL https://unifi.ui.com/
- Sign in with your username and password on Ubiquiti Account Portal.
- Select your Unifi Controller.
Task 2: Create Virtual Network
Once the page loads click on Create New Network.
Name your Network: UniFi Protect.
Uncheck Auto Scale Network.
Change the 3rd octet to any number you like, this will also be used as the VLAN ID.
- Scroll down to Advanced Configuration and select Manual.
- Change the VLAN ID to 200.
- Enable IGMP Snooping for better performance.
- Scroll down to DHCP.
- Under DHCP Service Management, Expand Show Options.
- Change DHCP DNS, I will use OpenDNS addresses
- Locate Option 43 Application Host Address. Here you will add the UDM Pro Default Gateway Address, in my case its 192.168.2.1. This tells the cameras where to look for the UniFi Protect Server.
- Click Apply Changes.
Task 3: Identify UniFi Camera Ports And Apply VLAN
- Click on UniFi Devices and locate the UniFi Camera section.
- Click on 1 of the Unifi Protect Camera. Within the Overview tab, review the Uplink port number. Click on the Blue link and it will take you to the Switch it is located on.
- Once you are on the switch it directed you to, click on the Ports Tab.
- Click the Port your UniFi Protect Camera is on and change the Port Profile to UniFi Protect.
- Click Apply Changes. Repeat with the rest of the cameras.
Now you can log into your UniFi Protect Server and enroll the devices into the UniFi Protect Controller.