In this tutorial you will learn how to Aggregate Unifi Switch Ports on your UniFi Controller 7.0. Link aggregation is a great way to increase speed and redundancy of your network. It allows you to combine multiple network connections and to distribute the load across all of the links, so that no one link will be overwhelmed. I will use a UniFi XG-16 as the core aggregation switch and the UniFi 24-500w as the aggregated child switch.
- Decide which switch ports to aggregate.
- Log into your UniFi Controller
- Aggregate Child Switch Ports
- Aggregate Core Switch Ports
- Review Connection
Task 1: Decide which switch ports to aggregate.
- Take this time to decide which ports you want to aggregate. I would recommend using the SFP ports in an aggregated pair. In my case this is the route I’m taking.
Task 2: Log Into your UniFi Controller
- Open a browser tab and go to the Ubiquiti Account Portal using URL https://unifi.ui.com/
- Sign in with your username and password on Ubiquiti Account Portal.
- Select your Unifi Controller.
Task 3: Aggregate Child Switch Ports
1. Click on Unifi Devices.
2. Select your child switch. In my case it is the US-24-500W
3. Afterwards click on the settings icon.
4. Click on your SFP1.
5. Expand Port Profile Override.
6. In Operations click the dropdown and from the menu select Aggregate.
7. Under Aggregate Ports select port 26 from the dropdown which is SFP2. Afterwards click Apply Changes.
Task 4: Aggregate Core Switch Ports
1. Locate and click on your core switch from devices. In my case it is the US-16-XG.
2. Afterwards click on the settings icon.
3. I have decided to aggregate ports 3 and 4 on the US-16-XG which are the two ports my child switch is connected into. Select your port.
4. Expand Port Profile Override.
5. In Operations click the dropdown and from the menu select Aggregate.
6 Under Aggregate Ports I will be selecting port 4 from the dropdown. Afterwards click Apply Changes.
Task 5: Review Connection
1. Click on your core switch from UniFi Devices.
2. Locate Downlinks within Overview and expand it. You should see your child switch and its Experience speed which should have doubled. You successfully aggregated your ports.