How To Install And Configure Windows Server DHCP Role
In this tutorial you will learn How To Install And Configure Windows Server DHCP Role. We will be using Windows Server 2019 however the concept is the same with Windows Server 2022.
Let’s get started with the Installation of the DHCP Role
1.Log into your Windows Server.
2. If not already opened, open up Server Manager.
3. Click Add roles and features.
4. Click Next through the wizard until you reach Server Roles. Check mark DHCP Server. You will be prompted with a popup, click on Add Features. From here click Next.
5. Click Next through the wizard until you reach Install. Now click Install.
6. Once the installation finishes, you will be required to click on Complete DHCP configuration.
7. In this DHCP Post-Install Configuration Wizard click Next and then click Commit. Afterwards you should see that the configuration is Done. Click Close and we are done with the installation.
Let’s get started with the configuration of the DHCP Role
1. Open up Server Manager if not already opened. Click Tools followed by clicking on DHCP.
2. The DHCP Tools window should be opened now.
3. Right click on IPv4, then select New Scope…
4. In the New Scope Wizard start by giving your scope a Name and then click Next.
5. Give your DHCP Scope a range and make sure it’s on the same subnet as the default gateway. Click Next.
6. We can skip Exclusions and Delay. Click Next.
7. Make sure that you have the following selected: Yes, I want to configure these options now. Click Next.
8. Add the IP Address of your Default Gateway and click Next.
10. Make sure to have the Parent Domain properly set. Provide the DNS server name and IP address. Click Next.
11. Skip WINS, Click Next.
12. Make sure to have Yes, I want to activate this scope now select and click Next.
We are finished, reboot some devices and you should now see some devices obtaining an address lease.