In this tutorial you will be shown how to install Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM v20. We will start with server installation and then end with a working client installation.
The following prerequisites are a must to be configured and available.
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Windows 10 Workstation
Let’s Get Started With Server Installation
- Decide which server you want to use.
- If its a new server download and configure Windows Server 2019 and make sure its fully updated.
- Download and Install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express. On the server and use the basic installation.
- Download and install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on the server.
- Log into the Oracle Account
- Go to your downloads section and search for Primavera. During the creation of this tutorial the latest is 20.12 that was used. Download all the packages.
- Transfer the file zipped folder P6_r2012_Database on the server containing Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express. unzip its contents to a folder.
- Download and install Java on the SQL Server.
- Open up folder P6_r2012_Database, locate and run as an administrator dbsetup.bat.
- Now the Primavera Database Setup Wizard should have started up.
- Select Install a new database, Server type is Microsoft SQL Server. Then press Next.
- Things to consider: If you want to use the sa sql account you will have to enable it by using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio software. If you would like to use default Windows Authentication Mode you can do so as well.
- Go to your windows firewall and within Windows Defender Firewall With Advanced Security allow a new inbound connection on TCP port 1433.
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
– 1 . Expend to Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
– 2 . Right click on TCP/IP and click Properties.
– 3 . Scroll Down and locate IP4, find Enabled, expand dropdown and select Yes.
– 4 . Now within TCP Port use: 1433
– 5 . Click apply and OK
- Lets restart the SQL Server Service within SQL Server Configuration Manager. Click SQL Server Services. Locate SQL Server > Right Click > Restart.
- Enter your connection information for your SQL server. Then press Next.
If you get a connection error you need to verify if your using the correct password and SQL access is setup correctly.
- In the Configure Microsoft SQL Server step all we have to do is give it a Database Name: PMDB and click Next.
- Now lets Create SQL Server Users. This is very important that you document. Type password for both user accounts and click Next.
- Type in your Administrator password and click Install.
- Once The setup wizard completes click Next
- Then click FINISH
Lets Get Started With Client Installation
- Log into your Windows 10 computer.
- Locate the zip folder that has the P6_Pro_R2012 contents and unzip\move it to the Windows 10 Computer’s desktop.
- Open up the folder and run P6ProfessionalSetup.exe
- Once the installation window is open click Typical and click ok.
- On this installation window, click Install.
- In this window just keep Run Database Configuration checked and click ok.
- You will now be prompted with the Database Configuration Window. It should have auto filled but if it hasn’t make sure your settings are as follows:
- In this window we can type in the credentials required to access the database.
- Username: pubuser
- pw: whatever you set it to.
- Public Group ID: 1
- If everything checks out okay click test and you should get a Test Connection Is Successful message. Afterwards just click Save.
- Once saved closed the Database Configuration window.
- Now you can open up the P6 Professional 20 Software and type in your admin login info.