How To Use Windows RDC To Remote Access Ubuntu 20.04
In this tutorial I will be showing you how use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to Remote Access Ubuntu 20.04. We will Install remote tools with a simple script.
- This is the first step in the process to enable remote access. Run the following command to install XRDP.
sudo apt install xrdp
2. In this step we are going to enable the XRDP service.
sudo systemctl enable --now xrdp
3. In this last step we are creating a rule to allow incoming traffic on port 3389.
sudo ufw allow from any to any port 3389 proto tcp
4. Now you need to find the IP address of the Ubuntu 20.04 computer. You will use this address to use the Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to connect into Ubuntu 20.04.
5. On your Windows computer open up Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) also previously known as Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). We will configure it to remote access Ubuntu 20.04.
6. Type in the IP address of the Ubuntu 20.04 computer you configured and put in the username you use to log into your Ubuntu 20.04 desktop.
7. Once you click connect and the connection is successful you should receive the following prompt regarding RDC connection versions. Go ahead and accept it.
8. Type in your Ubuntu 20.04 username and password and click ok and you should have successfully used Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to remote access Ubuntu 20.04.