If you are looking for a default Login Account and Password you have come to the right place because there is no Default login for the Dell Switch n2024 or the n2048.
How to Access Dell Switch n2024 and n2048 Without a Password
- Grab your console cable and your computer.
- Make sure to install Putty which would be used to connect to the Dell n2024 or n2048 Switch.
- Manually reboot the switch and also have putty open and connected.
- When the Dell switch n2024 or n2048 loads you will get a message to select an option.
- 1- Start Operational Code
- 2- Display Boot Menu
- When you see the Dell Networking Boot Options, type “2” and press “Enter” to select within 3 seconds. If you miss this step the switch will need to be powered on again.
- Once the boot menu is loaded you will see options 1 through 12. Type “12” for Start password Recovery and hit enter.
- The switch will start the system without a username or password
- Once the switch is booted up you will be able to create a new username and password by entering the following commands below
console# configure console(config)# username admin password Dell1234 console(config)# end console# copy running-config startup-config
Of course you can set the username and password to whatever you want. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.