RDP Connection Was Denied to allow a end user to remote connect to the computer?
The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.
- Right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
- Select the Remote tab.
- IF not already done: Select “Allow users to connect remotely to this computer.
- Click “Select Users” if you want to add a non-Administrator user.
- Click Add.
- Select \ type the user in question, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Remote Desktop Users dialog box.
- Click OK to close the main dialog box.
To Open RDP to Public:
- Allow port 3389 through windows firewall or your AV firewall
- You will also have to allow port 3389 through your physical firewall \ router.
- If default port changed the firewalls need to reflect the custom port
Change RDP Port:
You can change default port 3389 to any port you like by editing registry.
- Locate and then click the following registry sub-key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify, and then click Decimal.
- Type the new port number, and then click OK.
- Restart Computer.