Who is Malwarebytes and what do they do? Well Malwarebytes makes security software that is renowned for its malware removal capability. The software is also known for their user friendly interface and ability to work alongside classic antivirus products, without interfering with their activity.
What is Malwarebytes good at?
- Being a second layer of defense against malware and ransomware.
- Plays nice with other antivirus products.
- Be well protected regardless of the browser you prefer using.
Malwarebytes for Windows Premium vs. Free
Malwarebytes is offered in two versions: Premium version and a Free version. The Free version can detect and remove malware, spyware and rookits from your machine. The Premium version does the same things, but has a few other features:
- Real-time protection
- Malicious website protection
Pros and cons
Here are some pros about the Premium version of Malwarebytes for Windows:
- It includes anti-exploit features that some traditional antivirus products do not, and which can protect you more efficiently against zero-day attacks and apps vulnerabilities.
- It works along side your antivirus product, without hurting your system’s speed or stability.
- The software will stop you from visiting malicious websites in any web browser.
- It does not slow down your internet connection or local network data transfers.
- The user interface is user friendly.
Here are a few negatives to consider too:
- It does not scan or ask to scan removable drives.
- The premium price of the software is a little high.
Malwarebytes is a great security tool. If you use the free version you will need to be using it along side your current antivirus.
You must use at least Windows Defender as a complement to it. If you purchase the premium it will replace your current antivirus solution if you wish. Click Here To Purchase